April Amnesty is back at LBPL for National Library Month! From April 1 - 30 only, return any undamaged, overdue library materials to the circulation desk or book drop at your local LBPL location and your overdue fines will be waived.
1. What is the "April Amnesty" program?
- From April 1-30, 2017, the Long Beach Public Library will welcome back its overdue books and waive associated fines. Return any undamaged, overdue library materials to the circulation desk or book drop at your local LBPL location and your overdue fines will be waived.
2. How does it work?
- Bring any undamaged, overdue library materials to the circulation desk or book drop at any of our 12 locations.
- The library will waive the overdue fines. Other fees may be excluded from this offer.
- If your library card has been suspended, it will be reactivated and you can begin using it again.
3. Who is eligible?
- All cardholders are eligible to have their overdue fines forgiven for items returned April 1-30, 2017.
4. Where can I return materials?
- you can return overdue materials either to the library circulation desk or book drop. Materials must be returned to a Long Beach Public Library location.
5. What about overdue fines on materials I returned prior to April 1, 2017?
- If you have overdue fines from previously returned materials, donate a new book to the library and those overdue fines will be waived. The new book can be hardback or paperback and for any audience (children, teen, adult).
6. Which fines will be waived?
- Overdue fines for undamaged materials.
- Overdue fines for materials that have been previously returned undamaged, with the donation of a new book to the library.
7. What items and fees are not eligible for April Amnesty?
- Overdue materials that have not been returned or replaced
- Damaged and unusable items
- Rental fees for DVDs and CDs
- Hold-shelf expired fees
- Items from other library systems
8. If I lost my library card, can I receive a free replacement card during April Amnesty?
9. Can I replace lost materials?
- Yes, with a librarian's approval. If a replacement copy is accepted, both the lost fee and the processing fee will be waived.
10. What if I paid my fine last month? Can I get a refund?
- The library is unable to give refunds for fines previously paid.